In order to decentralize and deliver prosthetic care, we propose a blue print for orthopedic clinics, to help orthopedic clinicians to establish their own clinic in rural areas, whilst increasing their viability, growth, drive for patient satisfaction and get compliant to the law. Advantage for patients: currently, rural patients often have nowhere to go within their regions, which can result in device abandonment. Therefore nearby access to maintenance and repair services is important. This proximity also benefits the initial stages of fitting and adoption. Ingredients of this formula:
- Advise on product portfolio
- Design of care and production facilities
- Access to seed capital
- Access to suppliers
- Advise on marketing strategies
- Access to innovative, affordable, context-fitted technology (for instance D-rev knee, Majicast, etc.)
- Support systems that help with bookkeeping, stock keeping, patient admin, payroll and financial forecasting. This needs to be developed.